In the past, the kitchen was only known as one type, namely the wet kitchen only, now, along with the development of needs, insufficiently large homes, the presence of two types of kitchens began to flourish, including dry kitchens and wet kitchens – or what is known as a pantry. So, what is the difference between the two types of a kitchen?
The term wet kitchen is usually found in Indonesia and parts of Asia. The wet kitchen is one of the most important and useful spaces to help you process heavy cuisine. Wet kitchens are usually used for cooking and washing dishes.
In terms of placement or location, this kitchen usually appears to have its own space and is not visible to guests. This arrangement is very useful to make your home look always clean at all times. No wonder if this kitchen is called a wet kitchen because many types of food are cooked so the kitchen gets dirty and wet quickly. The condition of a dirty and wet kitchen is certainly not the dream of every housewife. Therefore, there are some of the following tips that need to be considered to design a wet kitchen so that it looks clean and neat.
1. Pay Attention to the Cabinet
The presence of the cabinet both the lower and upper cabinet is a must in the wet kitchen room. The cabinet has a very useful role in arranging and placing kitchen equipment so that the kitchen looks neat and orderly. In addition, the cabinet can also help to separate equipment, ingredients, and kitchen spices.
Not all kitchen equipment must be placed in the cabinet, there are times when some appliances are better placed on hangers, such as knives, cages, and some equipment that is light and often used.
3. The Vacuum Cleaner
The kitchen is identical to the smoke which is the result of a stove fire, grill, burnt, and so on. Smoke can produce unpleasant results for the room and can also spread to other rooms in the house. Therefore, put a vacuum so that smoke can be directly wasted out of the room.
4. Wall and Floor Materials
Preferably walls and floors in wet kitchens use ceramic material. Especially for walls, because the walls are usually exposed to splashes of various ingredients and spices in the kitchen, whether sprinkling of oil or kitchen spices. Ceramic walls and floor material will be easier to clean if exposed to these impurities.
In addition to a wet kitchen, there is also a dry kitchen or commonly called a beautiful kitchen. This kitchen serves to help you prepare a type of snack, such as breakfast. In addition, in this beautiful kitchen, you can store sophisticated equipment that can be used in cooking. In addition to a comfortable chat, this beautiful kitchen can also be a place to display cutlery that can be a focal point in your home.
Activities in this dry kitchen usually include storing dry food ingredients, cooking practical food ingredients, heating food, and making fresh drinks. For modern families, dry kitchens can also be used as a place for family gatherings while enjoying small dishes. Even sometimes it is also equipped with a television for entertainment.
In terms of the arrangement, dry kitchens are made very organized, the furniture follows the current trends as well as other kitchen furniture. The location is usually near the dining room so that when guests come can immediately see it too. A kind of pride for the owner of the house when the guest praised the furniture or decor of this dry kitchen. The following tips for those of you who are designing a dry kitchen at home.
- Make the kitchen design follow the theme of the home interior. This is done so that the kitchen can still be a unit with other rooms.
- Preferably, the placement of furniture is also appropriate and tailored to the needs. One solution is to bring a kitchen set.
- Usually, a kitchen set consists of a lower cabinet, a backsplash, and a top cabinet. This furniture model is usually built-in, so it needs proper planning and measurement.
- Before starting to fill the kitchen set cabinet with cooking utensils and others, for the area of laying the goods according to its function.
- To provide an aesthetic accent, you can place other materials on the wall or on the kitchen floor. Call for example, in one corner of the wall placed ornamental ceramic accents or large-cut ceramics. Meanwhile, tile applications can use large granite or ceramic or marble patterns to give the impression of space.